Midwest Job Board
Employment Opportunities for Midwest Job Seekers
East Coast Jobs
West Coast Jobs
Deep South Jobs
Manager Of Nutrition Services
Cristo Rey Jesuit High School
Job Type: Full Time
Posting Date: 9/11/2021
Reports to: Assistant Principal
Location: 2924 4th Ave. S. , Minneapolis, MN 55408
FTE/Classification: Full Time
To plan, direct, administer and evaluate all aspects of the Food and Nutrition Program in order to meet educational and nutritional needs of children for Cristo Rey Jesuit High School. The Manager of Nutrition Services will assure program compliance with relevant federal, state and local policies, regulations and procedures. The Manager will partner with others in the Administration and community to develop a nutrition program which meets customer satisfaction, community values and administrative expectations.
Supervises: Kitchen staff and program support staff
Bachelor's degree with a major in one of the following subject areas: foods and nutrition, dietetics, or hotel and restaurant management. Supervisory and financial management experience in school or institutional food service. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, ability to read, write and speak English fluently and professionally; ability to work independently and as an effective member of a team, excellent written communication skills; ability to flexibly prioritize and balance multiple projects and requests; excellent organizational and time management skills; consistent attention to detail, accuracy and commitment to quality; understand the importance of handling confidential information, familiarity with an academic setting, preferred.
Master's degree in management, nutrition or public health; registered dietitian; Serv. Safe certification and/or Food Handlers License; School Nutrition Specialist Certification; Bi-lingual in Spanish and English
1. Knowledge of Child Nutrition Program and food safety regulations.
2. Knowledge of personnel management and labor relations.
3. Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences.
4. Ability to assess program needs, develop long range goals, and annual objectives.
5. Ability to apply the principles of financial management in the development and monitoring of annual
6. Ability to utilize technology to improve program quality, service and efficiency.
7. Ability to establish menu planning guidelines which meet nutritional requirements, customer satisfaction and budget parameters.
8. Ability to develop and maintain a system of food and supply procurement which meets purchasing requirements and the needs of the Program.
9. Ability to facilitate development of systems which assure compliance with current Food Code, HACCP and bio-security requirements.
10. Knowledge of food service equipment and the principles of kitchen layout and design.
11. Ability to develop effective interpersonal relationships.
12. Ability to apply a variety of problem solving and conflict resolution techniques to successfully manage organizational change.
13. Knowledge and ability to support nutrition education and wellness initiatives.
14. Knowledge of dietary requirements for children with special needs, including children with life-threatening food allergies.
15. Ability to apply marketing techniques to promote the program.
1. Provides leadership in implementing a school wide food service program that focuses on customer satisfaction, nutritional integrity and product quality. Uses problem solving and conflict resolution techniques to facilitate organizational change.
2. Develops and monitors annual program budget to operate within Board policy guidelines. Develops purchasing guidelines to ensure purchased food and supplies reflect product knowledge, customer preference, school needs, policies and nutritional objectives. Maintains internal and external budgets.
3. Reports to the Accounting Director on food and nutrition related policy development.
4. Provides management recommendations for modifying the food service labor agreement and serves on the Board's labor negotiation team.
5. Recommends and monitors the process for recruiting, hiring and training contract food service employees and/or substitute workers.
6. Recommends recruiting, interviewing and orientation process for food service direct reports. Coaches and supervises kitchen staff.
7. Plans collaboratively with food service staff to provide professional development opportunities which meet personal development and organizational goals.
8. Uses management information systems to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the food service operation. Implements a cost-effective procurement and inventory control system. Applies technology to improve quality, efficiency and customer service.
9. Assesses kitchen equipment and facility needs and works collaborative with maintenance to maintain an equipment replacement schedule and kitchen remodeling plan. Implements an equipment preventive maintenance plan.
10. Assesses customer preferences, industry trends and current research to assure development of cost-effective menus that maintain nutritional integrity and meet all program guidelines.
11. Collaborates with members of the School Wellness Committee in developing policies and procedures to meet the nutritional requirements of children with special dietary needs.
12. Oversees the implementation of a Hazard Critical Control Point (HACCP) plan to reduce the risk of food related illness.
13. Develops guidelines for providing services in response to disaster or emergency situations.
14. Integrates employee safety requirements into the food service operation.
15. Oversees the implementation of the annual Free/Reduced Price budget from start to finish, including collecting of applications and submitting for reimbursement. Follows code of ethics in procurement, handling of confidential information and personal conduct when assessing free and reduced qualifications.
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance, 401k, and generous paid time off and holidays.
This position requires interaction with students, visitors, vendors and staff.
Contact Mel McCaa
Phone: (612) 545-9705
Mel. McCaa@cristoreytc. org
2924 4th Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55408#06022021
Manager Of Nutrition Services has expired. We have thousands of other openings